CBD is fairly new in the world of health and food products and supplements. It is almost a magic substance, capable of alleviating symptoms of countless illnesses, and generally improving well-being, with virtually no side effects. Considering all that, it’s no surprise that it became so popular so quickly.
It’s been only a few years since CBD became widely accessible, and you can already find it available in many different shapes and forms. You can get CBD oil and use it as a food supplement. Or, you can consume ready-made CBD products, such as capsules, gummies, vape juice, etc…
As always, supply quickly caught up with the demand.
In this article, we’ll talk about companies, that recognized the demand, and responded with high-quality products.
Qualities of a good CBD manufacturer
CBD production is a new and fast-growing industry. And in such an environment, companies often sprout out of nowhere and disappear just as fast.
If you’re a CBD salesman, you should put a very high priority on quality. In such a fast-growing industry, finding just some products isn’t difficult. The problem is, that the market can quickly get flooded with below-average wares, that don’t really do what they promise.
Therefore, offering only high-quality products is a great way to stand out from your competition. But great products only come from great manufacturers.
So how to decide, where to get your premium hemp oil from? Or, in other words, what qualities should a good and respectable CBD manufacturer have?
- Using quality hemp. To this day, the CBD industry has been left fairly unregulated. This means that some CBD manufacturers can get away with using sub-standard ingredients. Using harmful pesticides, and various heavy metals while growing and processing cannabis is an example of low-quality raw material you should avoid. Because of that, CBD salesmen should be extra careful when choosing their CBD supplier or manufacturer. Any respectable manufacturer should be able to prove that the cannabis they use was grown and maintained according to proper standards.
- Traceability. Good CBD manufacturers should not only exclusively use high-quality hemp, but should also know, where does it come from. Knowing the hemp’s origin and the environment in which it grows is an important step in assuring high quality.
- Good extraction process. Quality ingredients are just the first step. In order to get high-quality CBD products, having the correct extraction process is just as important. CBD oil can be extracted from hemp in numerous different ways, but not all processes yield the same results. But more on that in the next chapter.
- Product analysis. A constant end-product analysis is a crucial step in the CBD production process. In the CBD industry, monitoring the product’s content levels for the crucial active ingredients is vital. Otherwise, you risk selling a product, that isn’t in compliance with the labeled values. A 2017 study has shown, that end-products often have lower CBD levels than advertised, which is another indicator of how unregulated the CBD market is. Therefore, having consistent and high-quality products is a good way of getting ahead of the competition.
- Certificate of Analysis (COA). These three words have become one of the most important phrases in the CBD industry overall. A certificate of analysis is a laboratory report, stating the content levels of different substances in a product. In the CBD industry, a COA will list cannabidiol and other active substances’ content levels. Besides the active ingredients, a COA will also list levels of harmful substances, such as heavy metals, pesticides, and molds, which should all be under the standard threshold. COA is, therefore, a very important document. It ensures that the customer knows exactly what he’s getting, and creates a certain level of transparency.
- Proper manufacturing facility. When researching different CBD manufacturers, you should make sure they have a proper manufacturing facility. Since this industry is mostly unregulated, the CBD oil could come from pretty much anywhere. And ideally, you wouldn’t want your CBD oil to be made in someone’s back yard.
The extraction of hemp oil is based on the solubility of cannabinoids and other active substances. There are different methods of extracting the substances from cannabis, with each having its own effectiveness. The yield and the quality of the product greatly depends on the process used.
Currently, the most effective and widely accepted extraction method is supercritical CO2 extraction. While it is more expensive than other extraction methods, it yields the best and purest results. In this case, “supercritical” means that the process is constantly maintained at just the right pressure and temperature.
Who in Europe can supply you with top CBD products?
Before we dive in, I thought I’d clarify something:
Manufacturer produces the products, while a supplier is a company, that supplies retail stores with the products. In this article, we’ll only consider companies, that do both.
I also want to mention, that Essentia Pura would also qualify for this list. We also are both a manufacturer and a supplier of CBD oil and other CBD-related products, we’re based in Europe, have a proper manufacturing facility, and strive for the highest quality. But for the sake of transparency, we decided to exclude ourselves from this list. We still invite you to check our website and, if you find us intriguing, contact us. But enough about us, let’s get back to the topic.
According to our research, the leading CBD companies in Europe, that both manufacture and supply CBD products, are:
But what makes these companies stand out among the rest? We’ll cover that in detail in the next chapters.
1. Medical Hemp
Medical hemp is a German business based in Berlin. They’re an innovative company, that specializes in CBD extraction as well as development and production of various hemp-based cannabinoids. They boast over 20 years worth of experience in the hemp industry, and a highly-qualified team with various core expertise.
Their products are always in accordance with the highest quality standards. They guarantee their product comes only from high-quality raw material, compliant with the strictest quality requirements of the food, cosmetics, and pharmaceutical industries. They only use cannabis from controlled organic cultivation without the use of pesticides and other harmful chemicals, that would diminish the quality of their CBD oil.
The main focus of Medical hemp is the sale in bulk quantities. They offer three different kinds of product:
CBD oil. It comes in a “raw”, which means that it has not been decarboxylated and is rich in CBD-A (cannabidiolic acid). It is available as 4% or 10-12% concentrate.
CBD gold. This is their latest product, released to the market. It is unfiltered and comes in a decarboxylated form.
CBD crystal. Also known as Pure crystalline CBD isolate, it comes at a 99% purity level, and is extracted from the highest-quality hemp. Per their client’s requirement, they can also produce the isolate in different purity levels.
2. Deepnature Project
Deepnature project is a company, that puts a great emphasis on sustainability and nature-friendliness. They create pure, natural products, that infuse humans with inner strength, enjoyment, and help them stay active and healthy.
They have three main principles that they adhere to, in order to maintain high quality and innovative approach:
Sustainability. They only use sustainable and organic processes, from the cultivation to the finished hemp products. They process the whole plant – from the stem to the leaves – assuring nothing goes to waste. Everything is thoroughly controlled, certified organic and produced in Austria.
Quality. When developing new products, they closely cooperate with their partners in medicine and nutritional science. That way, they optimize for the highest efficiency of their active ingredients in their CBD oil. In other words, quality and innovation are two very important driving forces for them.
Fairness. Quality ingredients are just the first step on the way to creating quality CBD oil. The people, involved in the production are what turns organic cannabis into a high-quality CBD product. Their employees and partners all follow the principles of the Deepnature project and make sure only the top products make it to the shelves.
As we’ve already mentioned, the Deepnature project offers a selection of organic hemp products. But CBD oil isn’t all they offer – they also offer CBG products. Cannabigerol, or CBG for short, is another beneficial substance found in hemp.
While CBD is a fairly new substance, CBG is even newer. Scientists are conducting numerous researches to learn more about it. So far, the data they’re working with is still meager, but what little knowledge they have shows great potential.
The products they make are meant for end-costumers, meaning they don’t sell semi-finished products, like raw CBD oil. They are sold under a different brand – Medihemp. All of their hemp products are available on their online store, allowing you to choose amongst:
- Full-spectrum CBD capsule
- Full-spectrum CBD oil
- Premium extract CBD oil (Pure CBD oil)
- Full-spectrum CBG extract (available in 5% CBG content only)
Their CBD oils and CBD capsules come with different CBD content levels: 2.5%, 5%, 10% and 18%.
3. Max Hemp
To some, this may be just another company in the CBD industry, but the story of its inception makes it stand out among the others. The story begins in 2009 with the birth of a boy named Max. He was born with an extra chromosome (the Down syndrome), but was developing normally regardless. But then, at 7 months old, his medical state suddenly took a turn for the worse. He was diagnosed with epilepsy and started getting seizures multiple times a day. The doctors tried everything they knew, but any success they had was only temporary.
In the summer of 2014, his health deteriorated even further. The seizures became so bad, that he was put in an ICU. Again, doctors tried everything, but unfortunately without success. It was then that his parents first heard about hemp’s healing properties. At the time, this field wasn’t nearly as developed as it is today, and cannabis was still illegal in most countries. But for the parents, this was the last option to save their sun, so they tried the treatment. Two weeks after the first infusion, Mas’s health began to improve. His seizures virtually disappeared, and he could finally start living a better life.
Max was the first person to be treated with cannabis extract. His recovery was the spark, that led to the legalization of hemp-related products in Poland, and the inception of this company. They offer much more than just products, they’re determined to help others, so that such cases would never need to happen again. They work closely with doctors and have several consultants – one of which is Max’s mother Dorota.
They specialize in products for end-customers, and have a variety of oils available:
- Full-spectrum CBD oil
- Full-spectrum CBG oil
All products come in a variety of sizes and active ingredient percentages. For more details, check their online store.
You can also order a concentration and metabolism test, or subscribe to their quarterly magazine Medicinal cannabis in theory and practice – though I believe that’s only available in Polish.
4. Formula Swiss
Formula Swiss is a family-owned company, based in a small town named Zug, and one of the leading CBD manufacturers in Switzerland. They strive for the highest quality and use only organic, Swiss-grown cannabis. They use the supercritical CO2 extraction process, which is the cutting-edge in the CBD industry.
High quality is their first priority, and they do put a lot of effort into achieving it. They constantly monitor their products for harmful substances, such as pesticides, heavy metals molds, etc… They also monitor each line of their CBD oils separately, to ensure proper levels of the active substances. Their optimised processes and attention to detail, in combination with the best raw materials, allow them to produce the highest quality CBD oil.
Formula Swiss produces more than just CBD oil. Their various offer of CBD products includes:
- CBD oil drops in olive oil
- CBD oil drops in MCT oil (available in different flavours)
- CBD oil drops in hemp seed oil
- CBD oil drops for pets
- CBD creams and balms
- CBD vape oils (available in different flavours)
For more details and information, check their website.
HemPoland is, as the name suggests, a Polish company, that deals with hemp. Unlike other companies listed here, they not only process the cannabis, but also grow it. They’re the first private company in Poland to receive proper licenses for growing and processing Cannabis sativa. It is the strain of cannabis most commonly used for manufacturing products, such as hemp oils.
Their main focus is on making high-quality CBD products, and the first step of that process is high-quality raw materials. And since they’re capable of completing the whole process, from seed to CBD oil, growing quality cannabis is in their field too. All their cannabis is grown in a sustainable way, without pesticides and other harmful substances. When it comes to the extraction process, they’re just as meticulous as with the growing. They use the high-grade CO2 extraction process, backed with the knowledge of a Ph.D. scientist, that carefully monitors the process.
HemPoland offers a wide variety of products, from raw materials and semi-finished products for wholesale, to finished products, meant for end-customers. Their wholesale offer:
- Cannabis seeds
- Non-processed straw
- Processed seed products
And for the end-customers, they offer CannabiGold, their flagship product. CannabiGold is full-spectrum CBD oil, available in various packings and CBD content levels. The product is also available in form of capsules.
Work with CBD manufacturers, that prioritize quality
Quality is a word, that keeps appearing in this article, and it does for a good reason. Prioritizing quality is a best-practice guideline, that applies for most industries, but this applies even more for the CBD industry. If you take a closer look at the companies we talked about, you’ll find that all follow this guideline.
To summarize: whether you’re a CBD manufacturer, supplier, reseller, or retailer, or even a customer, you should avoid low-quality products. While such products still may work, using them would be a gamble, and one should never gamble when it comes to health and well-being.